How to install our Digital ID and sign your emails with Microsoft Outlook 1998 & 2000 ?
To install your Personal ID certificate and sign your emails with Microsoft Outlook 1998 & 2000, please follow these instructions:
Install your Certificate
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
2. Go to Tools > Options and choose the tab Security.
3. To define your security settings and to specify which certificate you wish to use you need to define your default security settings. Click Settings...button.
4. You can create various security settings. The Digital Signature settings allow you to choose the certificate you wish to use for signing your emails. Click Choose... button and select your Personal ID certificate.
5. Click OK.
Sign and Encrypt your email messages
1. Click on New message button in your Microsoft Outlook toolbar.
2. Click on Tools and click Customize....
3. Select the Commands tab.
4. In the Categories list select Standard.
4. Add the Encrypt Message and Digitally Sign Message buttons on your toolbar by selecting them and moving them to the Toolbar holding down the mouse.
5. You will get this toolbar when you wish to write an email.
6. Click Close to finish the procedure.
7. You just have to click the Encrypt Message and/or Digitally Sign Message button to encrypt and/or sign your emails!
Encrypting your emails
To encrypt your emails, you need to have a copy of the digital certificate of the intended recipient. When you receive a signed message, you can save the certificate of the sender in your Contacts List. You therefore need to create an entry in your Contacts List for each person. You must also import his digital certificate into the Contacts List.
Save a Digital certificate from a signed message
1. Click on the signed icon .
2. Click on View Certificate....
3. Go to Details tab and click on Copy to File.... This will allow you to export the certificate to a file.
4. You can now import this certificate into your Contacts List (as described further).
Save a Digital certificate from an encrypted message
1. Click on the encrypted icon .
2. A Encrypted Message dialogue box appears, click on Encryption Certificate....
3. Click on View Certificate....
4. Go to Details tab and click on Copy to File.... This will allow you to export the certificate to a file.
5. You can now import this certificate into your Contacts List (as described further).
Import a Digital Certificate
1. Create a new address or open an existing one in your Contacts List.
2. Go to Digital IDs.
3. Choose Import and select the digital certificate file and click Open.